January 8, 2008

Father and son

Killing you softly

I do it so promptly

Hating you till breathless

Then choking with love’s mess


Last saw you on a bed

Fighting a horse riding you to a dead end

If given a choice I could have held it back

That night it could only be slowed down


Others were riding in similar ways

Life just plays

They were a little behind

Little slow

In the flow


No need to finish first

And still be at the losing end

I let you win

Showed you the short cut to the fin


But I loved you

That holds true

No tears outside

Flowing Nile inside



Nobody knows

Nobody cares

It still sends shivers down the line

Triggering pain time and time.


People see you in me

They find your sublime

Probably you didn’t win

You couldn’t reach the fin


I will keep you on track

Holding you back

Until I ride your horse

Myself hoping to get till the end.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:22 AM

    beautiful vent....cud b put like this....only u can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 PM

    ...just a prick...a thorn..wanted to take it out..

    ReplyDelete